Friday, December 3, 2010

Embarrassing Moment and an Apology

I've had my share of embarrassing moments here at the Church Office Building. The most embarrassing of all would have to be when my friends dared me to try to fit through the "tours on 26th floor" sign in the lobby. I had done it before, so they dared me to do it again, so I did, but my purse got stuck sideways through it, which made me get stuck, and I had to back out of it. The security guard yelled from across the lobby for me to stay where I was!!... so he could get his camera. Nice.

And yet that doesn't come close to the embarrassing moment of one of our interns here whose skirt fell off in the elevator. Haha. I still laugh out loud about that one. That takes the cake.

So my embarrassing moment yesterday doesn't quite beat me getting stuck in the lobby sign, or the intern losing her skirt, but it was pretty bad, nonetheless. I was walking to the parking elevators on the lower level when I turned the corner and heard the *ding* for one going down. I wanted to catch it, so I cruised past the people talking in the lobby area and got in, ready to go. One of the guys talking in the lobby got on after me and was laughing. I didn't say anything, but wondered what was so funny.

Then he said to me, "That was Elder Perry."

Me: "Oh, yeah? I didn't notice."

Him: "Yeah, I didn't think so. He was talking to you and asked you how you were doing."

Me: "What? Really!? I thought he was just talking to you!"

"Haha..."

Then the guy gets off, still laughing.

"...hahaha..."

Blast. I hate that. I really have to pay more attention. I told Chris and he said Elder Perry probably just figured it was pregnant brain. That's what Chris chants whenever I do something dumb, and it happens a lot lately.

So I decided to blog about it, because if Elder Perry follows my blog (haha!), he will know it was an accident and then he won't feel bad. So my apologies to you, Elder Perry.

So that's my story of how I snubbed one of the 12 apostles. Not the most embarrassing moment, but I hope I don't make it a habit.

(That was my second embarrassing moment involving Elder Perry and an elevator, by the way, just for the record)

2 comments:

Kim said...

Ha ha ha.
Cool that you see Elder Perry often enough to make embarrassing memories (plural)involving him though.
ha ha ha

Aubrey said...

Lol. I'm so glad I'm not the only one with "Pregnant Brain Syndrome!"