Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Better than leftovers

Chris and I had an excellent dinner a few days ago. I had been working in the garden all day and realized her was coming home and I hadn't even planned anything for dinner yet. So I rummaged around and threw some things together and made a pretty amazing meal if I do say so myself. :)

I recently discovered the beauty of the broiler in my oven and I had some chicken so I spiced it up and threw it in there and got some pasta cooking. I found artichoke hearts, pesto, mozzarella cheese and sundried tomatoes and threw them together. It turned out so good! I had to take a pic to show my mom. :) and now I share with you! Sorry about the photo quality... I already ate half of it.

Oh and I made a salad with strawberries, croutons, almonds, craisens and a creamy balsamic vinaigrette. Mmmm. I told Chris it was better eating than Italian restaurant leftovers. And better than paying restaurant prices! :)


No comments: